Elementary Summer Camps for rising Kindergarten - 6th grade students
July 6-10 and July 13-17
Registration Form (please register with a separate form for each student)
Dear Elementary Parents,
We are excited to announce that we are offering a summer camp for elementary students (rising Kindergarten-6thgrade) at no cost. There is limited seating and seats will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. The camp will take place July 6-10 and July 13-17 from 8:00-12:00. Please register your child (or children) if you are interested to reserve their spot for one or both weeks of the camp. Each child will need to be registered individually. Registered students must commit to attending camp every day. In accordance with health and safety guidelines, the following protocols will be followed daily:
· Parents will be required to sign a waiver in order to participate.
· Student campers will be required to have their temperature checked each day and parents must complete a COVID-19 Daily Screening Survey.
· Class size will be limited to 9 students per teacher.
· Students may bring their own snack and/or water bottle. Water fountains will be unavailable.
· No more than 10 people will be in a room at a time.
· No more than 20 people will be congregated during outside activities.
· Temperatures will be checked daily before students and teachers may enter.
· Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater (staff or student) will not be allowed to enter until they return with a doctor’s note clearing them for activities.
· Students and staff will have to answer a questionnaire daily regarding potential exposure to COVID-19 before entering. These questions will be the same each day (i.e. Have you traveled out of state or out of country? Have you been exposed to COVID-19? Do you have a cough? Are you experiencing shortness of breath?). Any student who answers “yes” to any of these screening questions will be asked to return home and will not be permitted to enter without a doctor’s note. Please monitor your child for symptoms and keep them home if they have exhibited any of these symptoms.
· Students and staff will be required to bring a mask each day. Masks will be worn in any situation that could bring them within 6 feet of another student or staff member.
· Any surface that is touched will be sanitized before and after use. If there are groups rotating between stations, sanitation will occur before and after each group.
· Hand sanitizer will be available and encouraged for use.
· As we continue to learn more and CDC guidance continues to evolve, these protocols are subject to change.
Please remember that your student(s) must be registered for the 2020-2021 school year before they are permitted to participate in any summer activities. Participating families will receive a copy of the waiver to complete and return before camp begins.
We are excited to offer this summer camp to our students and look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns regarding summer camp.
Dawn Dawkins, Elementary Principal