ACT Dates Information
2023-2024 Test Dates (National)
|Regular Deadline||Standyby Photo Deadline|
|September 9||August 4||September 1|
|October 28||September 22||
|December 9||November 3||December 1|
|February 10||January 5||February 2|
|April 13||March 8||April 5|
|June 8||May 3||May 31|
|July 13||June 7||July 5|
**The National ACT tests will not be administered at Heritage Academy.
Register online for ACT at www.actstudent.org using test center number 202500.
Cost is $68 No Writing
$93.00 Plus Writing
Tips for helping you do your best on the ACT or SAT:
- If you need to request test accommodations or extended time for the first time, you must register by mail and include a completed request or application with your completed registration folder. Ask Ms. Shelton for a registration packet.
- Get plenty of rest and a good night’s sleep before the test
- Eat a well balanced breakfast. The testing will take several hours and you are likely to get hungry.
- Bring acceptable photo ID and your admission ticket. Make sure that if you are using your driver’s license for photo ID that it has not expired.
- Bring two No. 2 pencils. Mechanical pencils are not allowed.
- Bring an acceptable calculator with fresh batteries.
- Bring a snack or purchase one during your break.
- Arrive at the testing center no later than 7:45 am. Testing should be complete between 12:00-1:00 pm.
- It is very important that you fill in the entire circle darkly and completely. If you change your response, erase it as completely as possible. Incomplete marks and erasures may affect your score.
- ACT multiple choice scores are normally posted online within 3 weeks after the test date; ACT plus writing scores are usually posted about 2 weeks after the multiple choice scores.
ACT Preparation Programs for Juniors and Seniors
Mary Barnhill (West Point, MS)—Mrs. Barnhill conducts ACT Prep workshops. The workshop fee is $125. Checks should be made payable to Mary Barnhill. If you are interested in working with Mrs. Barnhill you may contact her at (662) 494-7680 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may give your check and form to Ms. Shelton or mail it to Mrs. Barnhill directly at 4350 W. TVA Rd.; West Point, MS 39773. The cost is still $125.
J.J. Jones (Oxford, MS)—Mr. Jones will conduct one-on-one workshops or small group workshops. The session will last approximately six hours. One-on-one workshops are held in Oxford. Mr. Jones will come to Columbus to hold small group workshops (4-8 people). If interested, call (662) 234-6755.
Sylvan Learning Center (Columbus, MS)—Sylvan conducts ACT Prep Sessions. Information regarding prep sessions can be obtained by calling (662) 328-6755.