Heritage Academy Elementary, 1st - 6th Grade
An interdisciplinary, child-centered approach is the cornerstone of Heritage Academy’s learning community.
Our elementary students learn to communicate clearly, think logically, solve problems, and develop their creativity. Our teachers and faculty present rich, academic learning environments that promote active, student-centered learning. Music classes, art lessons, library trips, STEM classes, and physical education are only a few of the experiences enriching the curious minds of Heritage Academy students. Our outstanding team of teachers guide students in developing academically, as well as socially, physically, and spiritually using innovative, instructional strategies. Some other highlights include:
- Small class sizes
- A safe, secure learning environment that includes security cameras and access control
- PowerSchool, a technology platform where students and parents can access grades and other important information
- Early Care is available for early arrivers
- Extended Care is available during the afternoons where students can complete homework and enjoy snacks and recess
- Parent involvement is welcomed and appreciated
- Enjoying a hot lunch in Fitzner Hall prepared on-site as well as other healthy options and an online meal account with online payment features
- Block Schedule for 5thand 6thgrade
- Technology including one to one iPad Program and Chromebook carts
- Each classroom is equipped with a projector and several have Mimio Boards
- IXL Math and Language Arts
- Acccelerated Reader
- Field Trips
- Special Programs
- Guest Speakers
- High School Pep Rallies
- Pee Wee Sports
- Outdoor Classroom
- SeaPerch Robotics program for 6thgrade
- Robotic Competition
- Big playground for morning and afternoon recesses
- Project Fit Outdoor Equipment
- Pats Play Day
Students in grades 1-6 continue their rare and special learning journey as they prepare for middle and high school. Our students thrive in a rigorous curriculum and enriched learning environment where they can succeed by doing. Continue your journey with us and be a part of this experience!
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
Comprehensive music and visual arts program for all grades.
After School Athletic Activities include Girls & Boys Basketball, Football, Dance Team, and Cheer.
Before school care begins at 6:45am at no charge. After hours available until 5:30 daily.
STUDENT SERVICES/ DYSLEXIA THERAPY PROGRAM
Speech and Dyslexia Therapy offered by certified therapists. In house, Dyslexia Therapy offered 4 days a week by board certified Dyslexia Therapist, Cass Hudson.
OUTDOOR CLASSROOM/ GARDEN
Students cultivate a love for learning in our hands on outdoor school garden and green house.